Recommended Tools & Resources from the Talsco Network.
There are an incredible amount of resources out there that we use daily to help candidates find better jobs. The list below makes our jobs easier.
We thought we would share it with you as well. As we find and test additional resources we will add them here. I recommend bookmarking this page for future reference.
Job Search & Job Management Tools
- LinkedIn – Professional Social Network. Create your online professional brand that will help you get noticed by recruiters and the companies you want to work for. Free service with some premium features.
- Twitter – A great tool for keeping up to date on what your favorite companies are doing as well as who is hiring. Think of it as a news feed that will keep you up to date on anything you subscribe to. The more information you have about a company will allow you to ask better questions. A well informed candidate always scores well in the interview process.
- Feedly – A free RSS feed reader tool to help you track and organize job openings as well as industry related news.
- Google Forms – With a Gmail account you can set up a google form that will feed entries into a google sheet (like Excel). A great way to automate and track your job applications or anything related to your job search. Create a form with custom fields that you create and you will never lose track of where you are at in the hiring process.
Organizational & Project Management
- Evernote – A free online tool that allows you to capture anything. This is a must have, application that is great for keeping track of notes, websites, to do lists, documents and voice memos. It has incredible search capabilities and syncs across all platforms.
- Trello – A free project management tool to manage virtually any aspect of your work or personal life.
- Process Street – A free tool for process and workflow management. We use this for our recurring processes. It is easy to use and a great tool for any business that has recurring processes.
- WorkFlowy – A web-based task management tool with a minimalist design. Simple to use and free. Syncs across platforms.
- Jobstars – Sometimes it pays to let the pros do their magic. JobStars provides Resume Writing Services and Career Coaching for entry through executive-level clients across virtually every industry. There is no better way to make a first impression.